World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Summit Push Notes

I received this text message and two Delorme GPS reports from Robert at the start of the AJ Team Summit Bid.
Posted by
Patty Kay
Lincoln, NE


May 12
"I am off to bed and will get up at 11:40 p.m. (Nepal time) for breakfast at midnight.  We leave for C2 at 1 a.m. (Nepal time).  I am prepared and ready but also nervous.  I'm praying that I will do well and that we will have great weather."

May 14 2:27 a.m. our time (CDT)
I received a GPS report with a message."Very hard day...Hurting badly...On meds." Elevation noted on the message was 21,296 ft.

May 14  9 a.m. our time (CDT)
I received a GPS report that Robert had reached C2, elevation 21,272 ft. in 10 hours and 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment