World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Descending, the Second Half of the Climb

Good Morning!

Follow the blue dots. Well, that is what I have been doing for almost 24 hours.  I did take a break at 1 a.m. (CDT) when Robert and the team had descended to 28,020 ft.  This morning I woke to find that they had made good progress and were at 26,154 ft. (5:44 a.m. CDT). Everest Camp 4 is at about 25,900 ft so they are almost back to a resting point. At 6:49 a.m. CDT, elevation 25,945 ft. they had arrived at C4.  YAY! Now they can get some needed rest and recharge the DeLorme GPS battery. (I have really enjoyed following the GPS satellite tracker.)  I hope rest is possible for Robert. He has had trouble eating and sleeping at high elevations, as have others.

I am extremely happy for Robert and thankful that the trip has been a safe one. Robert had said in one of his texts, "This is my time." He was right! Weather is such a key component in the quest for Everest.  Mother nature cooperated and I consider the clear and calm summit day a gift from God.

Friends from Lincoln and around the world have texted, emailed, or called to send congratulations.  D & J (You know who you are.) have texted that they are doing a "Happy Dance" to celebrate.  I think celebrating is a great idea, so let's all join them.  I may not dance, but I am celebrating Robert and the Junkies summit success story. I am so thankful that they are safely back at C4. After their rest, the team will continue their descent and probably pass by C3 and rest at C2.  That will depend on strength and weather.  I am praying that both are good.

Patty Kay
Lincoln, NE
Still at 1360 ft.

1 comment: